The radius rod bushing is one of many obscure components that help keep your car in running condition. Part of the automobile steering system, the radius rod bushing connects the radius arm, which controls the sideways movement of the wheel, to one end of the wheel carrier axle and prevents these two components from hitting each other. These bushings eventually wear out over time, and when they do, it often results in loose, imprecise steering especially when performing hard brakes.
Replacing worn out or damaged radius rod bushings is a must to ensure the optimum performance of your car's steering. Thankfully, finding a set of replacement bushings is quite easy as many bushing manufacturers offer this component. In this review, we checked Advanced Suspension Technologies radius rod bushings.
- Designed to replace the stock radius rod bushings
- Synthetic polyurethane construction
- Complies with OE specifications
- The bushings are extremely durable and resilient. Advanced Suspension Technologies prides itself with the fact that it makes its bushings from polyurethane, which ages slower than rubber and is highly resistant to heat and chemicals. We put the bushings on a battery of stress tests ourselves, and we saw no discernible signs of wear whatsoever.
- Provides a smooth steering performance. After installing the bushings on the wheel axle, we immediately noticed how seamless the longitudinal steering response was compared to when the vehicle still used its factory bushings.
- Installation was pretty straightforward. Advanced Suspension Technologies' bushings are OE-standard compliant, so installing them was pretty easy. We did find the bolts difficult to loosen during installation, though we attribute this more to the radius arm rather than the bushing. Overall, it took around 2 to 3 hours to set the bushings in place.
- Comes at a fairly steep price. Advanced Suspension Technologies radius rod bushings cost upwards of $60 online, which is comparably higher than bushings from other brands.
The bottom line
Advanced Suspension Technologies is well-known for making quality performance parts, and its radius rod bushings certainly live up to the brand's reputation. The bushings give our vehicles a noticeable improvement in steering quality and are quite durable, thanks to their polyurethane construction. We expect these bushings to excel in heavy duty use for many years to come. We definitely recommend going over the budget for these bushings as they will pay off in dividends in the long run.