AEM is well regarded amongst car enthusiasts for its performance precision electronics, but it also makes replacement electronic components as well. One such product it offers is the AEM electrical pin connector. These connectors basically allow you to replace the old wiring harness in your car using new plugs and pins or even create an additional wiring harness for your car for maximum flexibility in engine tuning. In this review, we put AEM's electrical connectors to the test to see if whether they are worth the investment or simply burn out.
- Kit includes OEM-quality plugs, pins, and both large and small contacts
- Bosch injector kits and 4.2 wideband connector kits are also available
- Made from high-quality materials
- The connectors fit and work just like their OEM counterparts. This is especially a great help when used to rewire the harness to the car's EMS as installation will be much easier and there is less room for error.
- Lots of pins and connectors come with the set, which is a plus if you're looking at multiple connectors but not so if you are planning on crafting just one.
- The electrical connectors can be used for a variety of applications. Aside from replacing old and worn connectors, the connectors are also sturdy enough and can be used to create new harnesses for modified systems.
- Making these connectors requires some significant skill and experience to do. If you are not well versed in engine dynamics or tuning engine EMS, we strongly do not recommend making and installing these connectors on your own. And improperly installed connector may damage your engine or even render it useless, so knowledge of and extra care in handling these components are a must.
- May not be used legally on certain states. The connectors can be utilized to modify the engine's exhaust properties, which may violate the emission standards of certain states and regions. Make sure to check with your local emissions regulations before purchasing this product.
The bottom line
The AEM electrical pin connectors not only serve as suitable replacements for your car's worn connectors but also offer a wide range of customization options for engine tuning. However, it is also this high degree of flexibility that makes these connectors not ideal for newbie tuning and modding enthusiasts.