The engine may starve of fuel or may not get the needed dose in order to generate power easily or function properly. A faulty fuel injector may be blamed for this. It may be clogged due to the buildup of microscopic particles or filled with dirt because of the residue that may turn into a crust, resulting in weak or uneven spray. It could also be that the valve in the injector doesn't close or open as needed, creating troubles with fuel delivery and even causing leaks. When the fuel injector fails, the underlying cause can also be traced to a broken seal or connection. If the connector is already loose, fractured, or torn, the best way to fix it is to use a connector that's sturdy enough to withstand the extreme temperatures and the pressure in the fuel system. To see if it's up to the challenge and if it can live up to the standards, we put the AEM fuel injector connector to the test.
- Sold as a fuel injector plug kit
- With limited warranty from AEM
- Includes 4 connectors and 8 contacts
- The fuel injector plug kit comes complete with 4 connectors and 8 contacts. Although we had to make some minor modifications, in the end, the new connector is able to seal the fuel injector and fix the leaks.
- It works as it should. Because of the loose connector, the fuel injector isn't able to feed the engine with the needed drops of fuel. As a result, the engine may sometimes act up and perform roughly. The drive is no longer smooth. But after fixing the broken connection, the leaks are no longer a problem. The engine performs better now, with greater efficiency.
- After driving the vehicle for hundreds of miles, we checked to see if the connector will become loose or will have early signs of wear. It didn't let us down. The fuel injector connector is still firmly attached. It's intact, and it looks to be holding up nicely.
- The limited warranty from AEM is a plus, along with the mid-range price.
- The kit requires minor modifications for precise product fit. We're quite disappointed with this. It would've been easier if the kit directly fits.
What we think
When it comes to performance and quality, we can say that the fuel injector plug kit from AEM is reliable. The only downside here is that this requires some minor modifications for precise product fit. But once you get through this bit of a hassle with installation, the rest would work well.