When the fuel injector fails, engine performance will definitely suffer. There will be drivability issues that will need to be fixed ASAP so that the vehicle will not run poorly. In case there's a leak from the fuel injector connection to the fuel rail, the thing you have to look at would be the o-ring. When there's a broken or loose o-ring somewhere in the fuel injector and fuel rail, the leak may come from the top of the injector and create a bad smell. There could also be fumes as a result of the leak. To fix this, you'll have to get the right piece or set of o-ring. We installed a brand new AEM fuel injector O-ring on our Honda to see if this fastener is really up to the standards.
- Sold as a fuel injection fuel rail o-ring kit
- Made from high-quality aluminum
- Comes at 6 x 6 x 6 inches
- Brand new
- Backed by a manufacturer's warranty
- The o-ring fits snugly, properly securing the connection between the fuel injector and the fuel rail. It comes at the right size, with appropriate diameter and thickness. Weeks after installing this o-ring, we checked to see if the seal is still intact, and we can see that it holds pretty well. It didn't break or develop any leak because it's just the right size.
- The o-ring is made from high-quality aluminum, and because of its material and surface finish, it's able to ensure a tight seal. As we checked to see the condition of the vehicle's fuel injection system, we didn't spot any sign of material degradation or distortion. It didn't swell or harden over time.
- It's quite easy to install since it fits well. It took us just about 10 to 15 minutes to install it and fix the leaks. For beginners, it may take longer, especially when disconnecting the wiring to the injectors and removing the leaking part. After that, the rest is easy. Right after we installed the new O-ring, we took the car for a test drive to see if the fuel leak is gone--and we're not disappointed.
- The o-ring is priced just right. The warranty is a plus.
- It's a quality stock replacement at best, not an upgrade.
We give this brand-new fuel injector o-ring a thumbs-up. It fits perfectly, and it's able to stop the leaks coming from the fuel injector connection to the rail. We're also happy about its quality. Unlike other cheaper options, this o-ring didn't seem to have any mold defects. Material quality and surface finish are good.