When securing hoses in automotive systems, you can't use improvised tools. The best way to attach and seal a hose into a fitting is by using a specially designed hose clamp. With a tight seal between the hose and the fitting, leaks from the connection can be prevented. The clamp will also help ensure even pressure on both sides. For our car, we picked an AEM hose clamp kit to seal the coupler connections to air intake tubes using a t-bolt. Here's what we can say about the product's quality based on our experience:
- Available as a kit
- Includes 6 hose clamps
- Made of stainless steel (housing, band, and screw)
- Fits 3.313 in. to 4.25 in. diameter hoses
- 0.5 in.-wide bands
- Can be sealed with 8mm. hex nut t-bolt or flathead screwdriver
- With manufacturer warranty
- We didn't have a rough time securing the coupler connections to the air intake tubes. With an 8mm. t-bolt, we were able to fix everything. The hose clamps in the kit fit perfectly, and the seal is tight.
- As we secured the connections, we didn't have any trouble with leaks or uneven pressure. We checked to see how the hose clamps are holding up after some time, and we're happy to find out that they've maintained a tight seal and that the connections are properly secured.
- The hose clamps fixed the problems we were having with the air intake tube connection. After we used the kit, the vehicle was able to perform better than before.
- The clamps are built to be durable. They're made of heavy-duty stainless steel, from the housing to the band and screw.
- The clamps are made to fit 3.313 in. to 4.25 in. diameter hoses, as advertised. We tried them on different hoses on various vehicles, and they matched perfectly. They're built with the right size/dimensions.
- The kit isn't the most economically priced item you can find, but the price is reasonable.
- It would've better if we can get more from the kit.
What we think
The hose clamp kit is a good buy. It enforced a tight seal and has maintained a secure connection. It's the perfect team for the job. With heavy-duty stainless steel construction, the clamps are built to withstand extreme temperatures, pressure, and some contaminants.