The cylinder head gasket needs to deal with a wide range of temperatures--from ambient cold temperature in the morning to the engine's normal operating temperature. Sometimes, it even has to deal with the high temperature of an overheating engine. Besides being exposed to varying temperature, the relatively large surface area where the head gasket is mounted also makes it vulnerable to damage. So, it isn't unusual if your cylinder head gasket will develop leaks over time.
If this happens and you need a new head gasket, take your time and do a little research first. After all, this is one of the most important gaskets in your ride. We've tried the AJUSA cylinder head gasket (the Fibermax unit) in our ride, and here's what we have to say:
- Covered in silicone for maximum sealing
- Incorporates one-piece fire rings
- Made from high-resistance steel
- Features high-performance fiber layers
- Comes with head bolt set part number printed on the packaging
- Direct OEM replacement
- Manufactured using advanced technologies and molded rubber chemistry
- Made in Spain
- This cylinder head gasket lived up to our expectations. After a short test rive, we opened the hood and noticed that the coolant has stopped leaking from below the exhaust manifold.
- After a few days since the installation, we checked the engine oil dipstick and we're surprised that the white milky substance was now a thing of the past.
- We guess that even our friends will thank this new head gasket as our exhaust pipe has also stopped giving off white smoke that seem to bother not just us but also our friends who keep on telling us that such emission isn't good for our lungs.
- Since it is a direct-OEM replacement, installation has been an easy job for us. We're also confident that there will be no issue about its compatibility with the components the head gasket needs to provide seal to.
- This is manufactured in Spain, so it isn't the best gasket replacement for Americans who are patriotic enough and patronize only US-made products.
Our final thought
It's been in our ride for almost a year now and we can say that this AJUSA cylinder head gasket fared really well. Besides being manufactured in Spain (which isn't big of a deal for us), we haven't found any flaw in this product so far. It solved much of the problems that we have with our stock head gasket and after being installed in our ride for a while now, it hasn't shown any sign that it will give up on us soon.