Part of owning and maintaining a car is performing an engine overhaul to return it close to its optimum performance. Just like any other component, wear and tear takes its toll to your engine after serving a significant amount of time to you. In return for its valuable service, it is your responsibility to see to it that your engine undergoes a proper rehabilitation. So what does it take to overhaul your engine? You have to carefully pick it out of the engine bay, put it in a stand, and then diligently take it apart. But that's just a third of the whole process. You also have to inspect and clean the components, check for cracks, and machine them if needed. After performing those steps, it's now time to put the engine back together. When you start the reassembly, you piece the parts together, put the crank shaft back to zero degrees, seal the gaps, and put oil. To ensure that it works properly when you crank the engine once again, you have to use trusted quality parts. This is where the AJUSA engine gasket kit comes to play. The Spain-based automotive parts company manufactures gaskets to fit your vehicle's engine without any leaks. We decided to use one of our engine rebuild projects as an opportunity to test AJUSA's quality. Here's what we found out:
- Original equipment quality
- Set includes spark plug grommets and seals
- Transparent packaging for easier inspection
- Made of composite
- After disassembly, we found out the AJUSA engine gaskets came very close to the original equipment gasket of our engine. Of course, the used gaskets look terrible already after years of service and oil trying to seep through it. But when we replaced the old gaskets with that from AJUSA, we only noted the latter have a darker shade of material than the original.
- The AJUSA engine gaskets lied flat when mounted on the different areas of the engine block. As we applied the sealant, we were able to appreciate the sound manufacturing of AJUSA.
- When the engine was finally rebuilt, we were able to crank properly after a few adjustments on the timing. Aside from timing issues, we found no leaks, misalignment, or any other problem that concerned the gaskets.
- The only downsides with AJUSA gaskets were the price and availability in local shops. Its price tag was just a small notch above other brands like Fel-Pro.
If ever you choose the AJUSA engine gasket kit for your overhaul or next engine rebuilt, you can be assured that it will not cause any leaks or issues. You should also be prepared to shell out a little more in exchange for premium quality.