Since the 1970s, AJUSA has become a leading name when it comes to automotive gaskets, and one of the key products it offers is the oil sump gasket. Mean to seal the oil sump or oil pan, the AJUSA oil sump gasket is designed to comply with OEM specifications and claims to provide the same level of performance as its stock counterparts. We decided to put several of AJUSA's oil sump gaskets to the test ourselves to verify their claims.
- One-piece gasket set
- Made of high grade rubber with a steel core
- Direct replacement to stock oil sump gaskets
- Models available for European and Asian vehicles sold in the US and Canada
- Limited manufacturer warranty
- The gaskets are made with precision molded rubber, ensuring a perfect seal. The gasket's steel core is also sturdy yet flexible enough to adapt to various operating temperatures and conditions.
- AJUSA offers various models that meet the specifications of European and Asian vehicle brands. Though AJUSA does not cover American-brand autos, this is still quite an extensive selection.
- Installs and performs according to OEM specifications. This gasket is basically a clone of the factory oil sump gasket in the vehicle. Installation was pretty much straightforward because of this, while performance was quite similar to that of a stock gasket.
- Relatively cheap price. The gaskets cost for less than $10 online, which is lower than other OEM-compliant and aftermarket gaskets.
- Not available for American branded vehicles. As we have mentioned earlier, the gaskets are only for European and Asian cars.
- Does not come with sealant. OEM-compliant gaskets from other brands come with sealant included, so we were a bit disappointed that AJUSA did not include some in this product.
The bottom line:
Aside from being made of high-quality materials, the AJUSA oil sump gasket offers no surprises. It installs and performs just like a stock gasket, thanks to its adherence to OEM standards. This might be a disappointment to those looking for something extra. But for car owners who are simply looking for an affordable, reliable gasket that can seal the oil pan/oil sump efficiently, this gasket will certainly do the trick. Just make sure to purchase some gasket sealant as well should you decide to go with this oil sump gasket.