A common add-on to stamped wheels, wheel covers can give the wheels a more attractive appearance and, to a lesser degree, keep dust and dirt from the wheel well to a minimum. However, they also tend to be quite fragile and are prone to breakage. And once they do break down, replacing them with a new wheel cover is often the best case scenario.
Replacement wheel covers are widely available in stores nowadays, and one of the rising brands is that of Allied Wheel Components. Specializing in wheels and wheel-related parts, Allied Wheel Components offers the same quality craftsmanship it puts in into its wheels and on its wheel covers. In this review, we got a set of Allied Wheel Components and put it to the challenge.
- OE-fit design to match wheel specifications of various vehicles
- Adjustable ring design for maximum grip to wheel
- Corrosion- and weather-resistant construction
- 4 single pieces packed as 1 set
- Easy to install. Fitting the wheel covers into the wheel takes only minutes to accomplish and, at the most, requires just a handful of wrenches.
- Fits perfectly. The cover is designed to meet OE specifications and will seamlessly fit onto the wheel. In addition, the wheel cover has a retention ring that holds it firmly in place, so you'll never have to worry about it getting loose even when traversing rough roads.
- Lightweight and rustproof. The wheel cover can withstand extreme temperatures and is virtually invulnerable to corrosion.
- Affordable. The wheel cover goes for $30 to $40 online, which is much cheaper than OEM wheel covers.
- Does not come with instruction manual. While installing the Allied Wheel Components wheel cover is quite easy to do, the same cannot be said for those who do not have prior experience in installing this product. Thus, we find it a bit disappointing that the set does not include a wheel cover manual in the packaging.
The bottom line:
The Allied Wheel Components wheel cover makes for a great replacement cover for your vehicle's wheels. It is quite durable, light in weight, and, most important of all, affordable. The covers are also quite easy to install and require only the most basic of tools, although if you are still not familiar with the process, you can have it done by a professional instead. But overall, these wheel covers are definitely a worthy investment to make.