The clamps keep your car's various cables and tubes organized and secured safely in place, so when they go, they must be replaced immediately. Replacement OEM clamps are a dime a dozen in stores nowadays, but there are also aftermarket clamps that offer a bit more than their stock counterparts. And that's what American Shifter Company clamp set is all about. Largely known for its aftermarket shifter parts, knobs, and other accessories, American Shifter also produces automotive clamps that are said to be an upgrade to the stock clamps. In this review, we checked the American Shifter clamp set to determine whether it can hold these claims down.
- Available in single and double type clamps
- 12 clamps and 24 screws per pack
- Sizes available: 1/2" (12.7mm) to 5/8" (15.8mm)
- Made of stainless steel
- Machined and standard screws
- Recommend for use with battery cables
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Toll-free tech support
Things we liked
- American Shifter offers a significant amount of options for its clamps. Two models are offered, namely single line and double line clamps. The clamps also come in various diameters in order to suit various applications such as air and water hoses and battery cables.
- Each clamp is made of high-quality stainless steel, which is stronger and more resistant to corrosion than most clamps sold in the market today. The clamps are also covered with a limited warranty from American Shifter in the case of defective units.
- Easy to install design. Simply screw in the clamp and you are good to go. Each clamp also comes with standard and machine screws to secure the clamp in place depending on your preferences.
- Each set contains a dozen clamps and twice that amount in screws. You certainly won't run out of clamps with this kit.
This we didn't like
- The clamps cost $15-$20, which is far higher than replacement OEM clamps. The higher cost makes up for the high-quality construction of the clamps, however, so the cost is fairly worth it.
The American Shifter single line and double line clamp sets are definitely a step up from the standard clamps found in your car. These are highly durable and resistant to corrosion and come with ample enough amount of necessary hardware. We certainly recommend these components despite their relatively high price tag.