Car interior door handles are designed mainly to make getting out of the car easier, but did you know that they can also spice up your car's interior? That's basically what American Shifter Company is trying to tell with its door handles. Though better known for its aftermarket line of shifters and shift knobs, American Shifter now offers a series of billet door handles for use in doors, hoods, trunks and gas caps. The company claims that these handles can give a "personal touch" to vehicle doors with their sleek designs. In this review, we put a pair of American Shifter Company door handles to the test to determine if it can truly latch on to its reputation.
- Available in arrow, bullet, and slash designs
- Fingerprint-free machine coating
- Mounting plates and hardware include
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Designed in the USA
- Installs easily on a wide variety of vehicles. From a typical Ford sedan to a Toyota SUV, we found installing these handles quite easy. The mounting plates and hardware that came with the set practically made compatibility a non-issue, while the instruction manual is clear enough for even those who are new to car repairs would be able to follow and accomplish.
- Its streamlined machine finish certainly makes the door handle stand out in the interior. It also comes in three variations, although these variations are pretty much similar. The designs are particularly suitable for cars with chrome or machine steel accents as well as for those looking for a bit of a retro style.
- Cables are not included. You will have to use the old cables of your door or buy a new one separately. Though door handle cables are not that hard to find nowadays, it would have been better if they included the cables in the kit.
- The set is priced at $100, which is quite expensive especially when compared to OEM door handles that cost around $10 dollars or less. Though the quality of the materials and craftsmanship do make up for it, a hundred bucks may just be too much for some budget-conscious car owners.
The American Shifter Company door handles can certainly make a statement with their appearance, provided of course that you won't mind burning a hole in your pocket in the process. Their easy-to-install design also makes them ideal for anyone looking for a simple way to liven up their car interior.