Sometimes, you'll have to do some hard braking. When you do, you have to be sure that the brake pedal pad will be sensitive enough to effectively bring your car to a halt, even in split seconds. If the brake pedal pad is worn out, in cases like this, you may not be able to stop your car from getting wrecked. In any driving situation, whether you're coasting or braking suddenly, you have to be able to rely on a good pedal pad. This can bring you to safety and may definitely increase your driving comfort.
For this review, we picked up an American Shifter Company pedal pad off the shelf. Based on our experience during and right after installation, we're able to rate its performance and quality. Here's what we think:
- Manufactured as a small oval billet brake pedal (4.5 in. x 2 in.)
- Made of aluminum
- In natural finish
- Comes in universal product fit
- Recommended for performance use
- Sold individually
- With a 1-year limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer
- We love the firm grip from the brake pedal pad. The old pad's rubber is already cracked and the bare metal is already showing. That's why the surface is kind of slippery. There are times when we have to press harder. But with this new pad on, we're happy to say that that's no longer the case. Even when it rains, the vehicle feels more sure-footed when we hit the brakes.
- Although this one is made as a universal fit, installation wasn't a huge hassle at all. It took us just a few minutes. We just have to peel off the old one and slap this on. It fits like a glove.
- After installing the new brake pedal pad, we broke this in to see how the new pad feels. We're happy that the pad didn't come off. It's a bit stiff at first, but after some time, it started to feel smooth.
- With the new pad on, we noticed that the brakes seem more responsive. We didn't have to press harder or have difficulty gauging how hard we should step on the brakes.
- We like the design. It has the high-performance look and customized style. It has good rubber inserts that made the surface feel more secure.
- It provided good feedback, with some nice tension going on.
- Construction seems solid with its billet aluminum material.
- We had to pay just a fraction of the price compared to what the dealership is selling.
- We would like it more if this is in chrome or in other higher quality types of finish.
In the end, we can say that the brake pedal pad gave us everything we needed, from style to reliability. This comes at a good price with decent quality and proven performance.