It should be as easy as moving the lever to the right gear. But if one of the shifting mechanisms is defective, worn out, or out of order, then you can say good bye to smooth shifting and your car handling like a dream. It can get you in a lot of trouble. Before you get stuck again in a gear or fail to shift properly, you have to check whatever's amiss in the shift. You can replace the mechanism piece per piece. You can get a new shift arm and replace the broken part, but you have to get one that's safe and reliable. To find out if the American Shifter Company shift arm is as good as it claims to be, we installed and tested this part and came up with this product review:
- Universal product fit
- Sold individually
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty by American Shifter Company
- What we like about the shift arm option from this brand is that we're able to pick just the right size. The available size ranges from 6 to 23 inches. And with these choices, we're able to get one that perfectly matches our shifting needs. We got what we needed.
- The shift arm can be used on push button shifters and both side shifters. We give it points for flexibility.
- The shift arm fits perfectly. Even with its universal product fit, it didn't disappoint us when it comes to installation. It fit well with other shifting mechanisms.
- It works as it should. We used to have problems with shifting to different gears. But after replacing the old shift arm, these issues are now fixed. Shifting now feels smoother. It doesn't get stuck anymore.
- With this new arm on, the shift feels better. It's not stiff or loose.
- The warranty is a plus. This guarantees the product's good quality and reliability. But even better, the product comes with a competitive price.
The not so good
- It would have been better if the shift arm comes with a shift knob, but this part is sold separately.
We don't have qualms in recommending this product. It works as advertised and proves itself to be reliable. With a good price and decent quality, it offers great value for money.