The shift boot keeps the shifting mechanism safe from unwelcome intruders such as dirt, moisture, rust, and other elements. To build a great wall of defense and protect the cables and other hardware tucked well inside, the boot needs to have a reliable ring to secure everything. In search of reliable products in the market, we've come across the American Shifter Company brand. To see if the brand's shift parts and accessories are up to snuff, we tried the shift boot ring to see if it'll pass our test. Here's our short review:
- 4 in. ID, 5 in. OD
- Includes 4 M10 bolts, 4 nylock nuts, and 4 washers
- Made of stainless steel
- Comes in polished finish
- Manufactured with universal product design
- Backed by a 1-year limited lifetime warranty from American Shifter Company
- What we like about the American Shifter Company shift boot ring is that it comes complete with the needed hardware. All the bolts, nuts, and washers fit to the T. We didn't have trouble lining them up and sealing them in.
- The ring has flush mount screw openings, which added to the seamless look.
- Installation is fairly easy. It also helps that the company has good tech support. We had a few questions before installing the boot ring, and we got all the needed answers in a bit. The detailed instructions helped as well.
- With the stainless steel material, we're counting on the shift boot part's durability. Even when exposed to dirt and moisture, we won't be too worried that it'll eventually develop rust or will break easily.
- It's a perfect companion to our shift boot. We didn't have to change anything just to make them fit.
- After setting up the ring, we checked to see if everything's in place. The boot moved along with the stick without any trouble, and we didn't seem to have any problem with shifting.
- The ring is well polished. It's a minor detail, but we think it deserves some points for aesthetics.
- The boot ring came with all the right specs, as advertised.
- It's priced just right. We compared it with other shift boot rings, and we're satisfied with its pricing, considering that it comes with bolts, nuts, and washers, not just the ring.
- It lacks the reinforcements in strength and improved features offered by other shift boot ring kits by some brands.
American Shifter Company is best known for its shifter parts and accessories. With this shift boot ring kit, the brand has proven itself to be a worthy option, as it offers good product quality, precise fit, and reliable performance.