Do you find your factory shift lever boring? If you have extra budget, you shouldn't wait for your stock shift lever to get damaged before replacing it. You can get a new one now to make your shifter match the rest of your interior appointments. But since this is an important transmission component, you shouldn't gamble on your next shift lever. We want to help you make a more informed decision by sharing with you how the American Shifter Company shift lever performed in our ride.
- Stylish billet design
- Made from hardened steel
- Includes upper and lower tapered nut
- Adds style to the interior
- Easy to install
- Compatible with push button and side shift shifters
- Comes with lifetime American Shifter Company limited warranty
- Ideal for hot rods, muscle cars, cruisers, custom vehicles, and rat rods
- Since we replaced our ride's stock shifter with this one, never again did we encounter problems like the shifter getting stuck in park or in other settings.
- We particularly love how its billet design matches the rest of the chrome appointments inside the cabin. Its finish also helps make it resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Installation has been a breeze for us. In fact, we can say that this is one of the easiest DIY projects we had this year.
- We can say that it's durable, as it's been on our ride for a while now but hasn't displayed any sign that it will give up on us soon. We're confident that it will last longer than the shift lever it has replaced.
- Priced from $42 to $66, this isn't the cheapest shift lever you'll find in the market; this isn't the most expensive, either. However, it may not be the best choice for those who are shopping on a limited budget.
- Buyers must note that it isn't a universal unit--it is designed for certain vehicle types like hot rods, cruisers, rat rods, vintage muscle cars, and customized rides.
The bottom line
We are happy with this American Shifter Company product as it hasn't failed us so far. From its appearance to its ease of installation and performance, this shift lever didn't disappoint. The downsides some people may see on it are its price and its compatibility with some vehicle types. So our piece of advice to those who are planning to purchase such product: read the features and product description first before shelling out your hard-earned bucks to be sure that it's compatible with your ride's shifter.