You have the power in your hands. In just a flick of a switch, you can easily activate a device in your vehicle or disengage as this electrical component makes or breaks a connection in the circuit. But more than just convenience, the switch also ensures safety, such as making sure that your vehicle won't roll or run when it's in park or neutral. This neutral safety switch can save the day. If the switch is malfunctioning or damaged completely, you shouldn't think twice about replacing it. Just be sure to get a replacement that can match, or even exceed, the quality of the factory switch. We pick an American Shifter Company switch to replace the old one. This review of the neutral safety switch kit will highlight the pros and cons.
- Designed as a roller ball switch
- Sold as a kit
- With 2 terminals
- Includes a mounting bracket
- In silver zinc coating
- In ultra small design
- The kit is designed for easy connection. Installation is quite easy because it comes with instructions. The kit comes with a mounting bracket that's really easy to set up.
- The compact design of the switch is a great thing. It doesn't take up a lot of space, and it can be fitted without much trouble.
- The switch is engineered to meet the vehicle's electrical system requirements. It's a perfect match. We didn't have to adjust anything.
- We like how the switch is built. We don't just like the ultra small design. We also like how it's constructed to be compatible and to be sturdy. Upon inspection, we can say that this switch isn't one of those substandard replacement options.
- Right after installation, we did a couple of tests to see if the switch will work. It does. And it doesn't take a while before it did. The vehicle is able to crank easily, and we no longer had to deal with the troubles of a faulty neutral switch. Everything is safe again.
- For its quality, design, and dependable performance, we say that it's worth the money.
- The kit doesn't include shims.
What we think
This neutral safety switch replacement from American Shifter Company is a safe bet. It's easy to install, and it works. The kit is designed for hassle-free connection.