A tonneau cover won't be any good if it can't stay put. To secure it in place, you need to get a matching tonneau cover clamp kit. With the clamps, you can be sure that the cover won't stray and can protect the truck bed and the loaded cargo from inclement weather and some harmful elements and forces on the road. With the clamp kit, the cover can have the reinforcement it needs. Since we already have installed a tonneau cover from American Tonneau, we decided to use the clamp kit from the same brand. Here's our review of the American Tonneau Tonneau Cover clamp kit:
- Can be used with tonneau covers from American Tonneau
- Made in the US
- With a limited lifetime warranty
- The clamps are manufactured to withstand rust and corrosion. This makes it more reliable.
- The kit is easy to use. The clamp can be attached without too much hassle.
- This is a perfect companion to the tonneau cover. The clamps fit perfectly.
- The kit gives protection to the rear of the vehicle. The lockable storage definitely works. It's easy to use, and it gave us some peace of mind.
- The clamps can be adjusted easily. They're designed with flexibility and convenience in mind. This is a good thing for truck owners who are looking for practical accessories that will be worth the investment.
- The kit included all the needed hardware. We were able to secure the cover with the clamps in just a few minutes.
The not so good
- While the clamps fit perfectly, we can't say that they're the toughest we've seen so far.
- The kit has a simple design that's convenient and practical, but this also didn't have other special features offered by kits from other brands.
- It would surely help if there were more info about the kit. It would be easier to figure out where the clamps should go, especially for newbies.
Our final thoughts
We can't say that this is the best thing we've found so far when it comes to clamps, but the kit does its job well enough. The price is reasonable as well. And perhaps the most important thing for us is that the clamps fit and they're able to secure the cover, but only time can tell if these clamps are indeed built to last.