Whether you are about to set off to an off-road adventure or travel along with your peers in a convoy, effective communication is key to an organized and safe excursion. Orchestrating your drive through unfamiliar roads can be quite a challenge without having the right communication equipment. This is a challenging yet remarkable feat for every outdoorsman. But when your group pulls this off, you function like a pack of wolves locking in on your destination. No one gets left behind. If ever an accident happens or someone gets lost, colleagues can easily radio in their positions and report the situation. As you become convinced of the importance of a radio system in your rig, you should also be able to properly integrate the equipment into your cockpit. Keeping this in mind, we explored ways on how to mount our radio into our rig. We found out about the ARB 2-way radio mount that's suited for our Toyota FJ Cruiser. It is a multi-purpose console that can be mounted on the ceiling of that particular rig. Here's what we found out:
- Mounting location for CB or long range radio
- Drop down storage locker for wallets, maps, phones, and other gear
- 4 banks of super bridge LED interior lights
- Dimension does not impede aid from the rear view mirror
- The ARB 2-way radio mount console is designed to be integrated on the FJ Cruiser's ceiling without impeding any movement within the cabin. We were already aware that the FJ Cruiser's cockpit is not the coziest of all SUV cabins because it was designed to resemble the classic Toyota Landcruiser. However, ARB was able to create lines that followed the contours of the rig. It ended up looking like it was original equipment. We believe that this was very thoughtful of the ARB design team.
- The radio mount was ergonomic. We were able to reach, use, and return the radio easily. Being located within reach on the ceiling, both the driver and the navigator could operate it without bothering the other individual.
- The ARB console was equipped with LED lights. It helped us move around the cabin without much difficulty. It has ample illumination to light the cabin but not strain our eyes.
- There is nothing much we could do about the FJ Cruiser being a little more crowded after installing the radio mount. But for all the features it had to offer, the slight inconvenience could be disregarded.
The ARB 2-way radio mount can be a very functional addition to your rig's cabin. But take note that this can also affect its aesthetics, ergonomics, and cabin space.