When tackling the rough road and other terrains for a 4x4 adventure, the tires must be set at the right pressure to meet the demands of a particular terrain with improved traction. This is why in a box of tools of 4x4 owners and offroad enthusiasts, an air compressor is a must. This tool will provide compressed air for tire inflation to match certain conditions and requirements. With a good air compressor by your side, your tires can be ready for slippery snow, deep grooves, mud, and different kinds of terrain. To find out if the ARB air compressor is up to the challenge, we've put it on a test. Here are the features and the pros and cons of using the Twin High Performance 12 Volt Portable Air Compressor:
- Tested for leaks
- Tested for current draw and flow under load
- Designed in a compact twin motor dual cylinder
- Comes with an integrated aluminum air tank and pressure switch
- Secured in a waterproof carry case
- Features a ducted IP55 sealed brushed DC cooling fan and anodized aluminum motor mounting bracket
- Can be used along with ARB's range of tire accessories (tire deflators, tire inflators, and tire repair kit)
- With a comprehensive 2-year warranty
- The air compressor is designed for convenience. We like that it's portable and very organized.
- It ensures high flow. We were able to adjust the tire inflation level without trouble. It supplied the needed compressed air.
- It can regulate pressure between 930kPa [135PSI] and 1030kPa [150PSI]. This is good enough for an air-powered tool.
- The case is convenient and easy to use. It has several compartments for air hose storage and other accessories. It's also durable, made of an impact-resistant polymer and with a waterproof feature.
- The cooling fan and motor mounting bracket help disperse heat faster.
- Its performance is topnotch. The air compressor didn't let us down on several occasions that we needed to adjust the tire pressure in various environments and conditions.
- The price is quite steep, and this will make you think twice before buying this tool. If you're in a budget and just looking for a simpler device, this may not be the best option for you.
The ARB Twin High Performance 12V Portable Air Compressor is a good investment, considering its quality and reliability. This is a tool you'd want to have with you on your 4x4 trips. Although the price is a turn off, we can highly recommend it for 4x4 drivers who want nothing but the best.