ARB's compressor kit is designed to answer the different demands of an outdoorsman. During a 4x4 adventure, this equipment is put to the test when it supports the ARB Air Locker, fills tires with air, and even propels air-powered tools. But what if the air tank linked to the system is substandard? Will the system still be capable of performing its duties properly? To ensure the ARB air kit delivers up to expectation, the brand manufactured the ARB air tank. This equipment is ideal for the twin motor and high output on-board compressors made by ARB. Let's now take a look at what the ARB air tank has to offer.
- Forged aluminum construction
- 1 gallon/4 liter capacity
- Compatible with the following ARB air compressor models: CKMA12, CKMA24, CKMTA12, and CKMTA24
- Maximum working pressure rated at 150 psi
- Equipped with two ¼ NPT ports with JIC-4 male fittings
- Mounting hardware included
- The ARB air tank is compact. It can be placed in a tool box together with the entire air compressor kit, or it can also be mounted in your rig. Space was not that much of an issue for us because of its dimensions. We found a suitable mounting location for the tank that did not hinder any function or movement within our rig.
- We did not encounter any issues when we activated the air compressor for basic functions like supplying air for the lockers. We could say that the tank stored an adequate amount of air for that specific function.
- We also tried to power a drill using the air compressor kit. Since we used the drill in short bursts, there were no power interruptions whatsoever.
- It's painfully slow to use a 1-gallon tank to fill up tires with air. We were actually tempted to ditch this tank and replace it with a bigger one, probably twice the capacity. But we decided otherwise. We remembered that our air compressor system is primarily for the ARB Air Lockers, not for inflating tires.
ARB is a trusted off-road brand that has provided outdoorsmen necessary tools. We think the ARB air tank can provide ample air storage for your basic off-road functions. Keep in mind however that the main function of this kit is to support the ARB Air Locker. While it can provide alternative functions, it is not the best equipment cut for them.