Having the ARB Air Locker installed to your rig has its benefits. It improves your rig's capability to trail in difficult terrains and makes sure you have enough traction when needed. Gaining these functions make the locker one of the first modifications off-roaders make when they want their rigs to be more worthy on the trails. But you have to remember that off-roading is also a game of durability and reliability. Making sure your rig is in top shape before and after the trail is of paramount importance. To do that, you need to regularly inspect the engine, drivetrain, suspension, tires, wheels, and controls. Aside from the major components, you will also have to check the fuel lines, electronic circuitry, and the air line linking your compressor and locker. What you would want is to use components that give you a feeling of assurance on and off the road. In line with this concern, we got the ARB bulkhead fitting kit so see how well it could be integrated to the ARB Air Locker system that we have.
- Does not require the use of a ferrule
- Compatible with new ARB Air Lockers with the 3.5mm copper line
- Bulkhead junction support spring
- Outer compression nut
- Middle control compression nut
- Bulkhead body
- 1/4 inch NPT thread
- By installing the ARB bulkhead fitting to our ARB Air Lock system, we got the ferrule and the other insert out of the air line system.
- We activated the ARB Air Locker which is now supported by the ARB bulkhead fitting kit. It worked normally without signs that there is something wrong. We also inspected the lines to see if there is any leak in that particular link. After careful inspection, we agreed that the air line from the compressor to the locker was air tight.
- Unfortunately, the air line for the ARB system is not included in the kit. We had to make an additional purchase just to get the installation going. We were hoping that ARB would create a more complete kit in the future for this application.
The ARB bulkhead fitting kit is a suitable replacement for your previous air line. It also eliminates the need to use the ferrule which is hard to come by. You can opt to get this to maintain an all-ARB system for your differential.