These days, when truck customization isn't just for practical purposes but for aesthetics as well, getting an add-on for your ride should be well thought out. When it comes to bumper guards, we can help you out by sharing our thoughts and experience with the ARB bumper guard.
- Durable steel construction
- Tough and rugged appearance
- Allows use of winches
- Tested for crash and air bag compatibility
- With a durable, textured black powder-coat finish
- Air bag-compatible bumper guard and mounting system
- Meets airflow requirements with its vehicle-specific split pan
- Allows access to the winch handle, if winch is necessary
- Open center pan design to highlight winch fitment
- With twin Hi-Lift-jack-compatible lifting points under the pan of the bar
- With provisions for various IPF and ARB Intensity LED driving lights
- Includes standard fog lights
- Two antenna brackets located on the outer wing frames
- Press-formed upright cover straps
What we like
- This ARB bumper guard allows us to drive with utmost confidence even on off-the-beaten paths, knowing that no matter what we bump into, our ride's major frontal components are well protected. There were several instances when we faintly bumped into a boulder or hit a bush, and to our surprise we found no damage on the headlights and the grille, just a few dents and scratches on the bumper guards, which are easier and cheaper to deal with.
- We particularly love that this add-on doesn't limit our ride's capabilities and doesn't interfere with the operations of our frontal air bag. We need to fit a winch from time to time and thankfully, we can still equip our ride with that even with the use of this bumper guard.
- Its integrated fog lights are also an advantage as we no longer need to make another transaction to purchase a set of compatible fog lights and another DIY job to get them fitted on the bumper guard. It really saved us time and effort and spared us from compatibility issues.
- During the time when we camped out and we thought that our fog lights and headlights won't be enough, this ARB bumper guard saved us by allowing us to easily mount our ARB Intensity LED driving lights.
- We were in awe the first time we noticed just how it made our ride look even more ruggedly handsome and powerful.
What we don't like
- This isn't much of our concern, but this may not be the best choice for people who don't want additional weight for their ride. With its durable construction, it sure adds weight to the vehicle once installed.
- If you're looking for the cheapest bumper guard, this may not be the right choice for you.
What we conclude
This bumper guard deserves a 4.5 rating as it delivers what's expected from it and so much more. With its heavy-duty construction, rugged appeal, additional features, and ability to accommodate various off-road and towing accessories, it is pretty much worth your hard-earned money. It may add weight to your already rugged ride and can be a little pricey to those who are on a limited budget, but if you want utmost front-end protection for your off-road warrior, this can be the best add-on for your ride and your needs.