When going to the beach or when travelling off the beaten path, it is always necessary that you have a cargo bag that won't just keep your cargo intact but also counter the effects of water, dust, and other nasties. That's what the ARB cargo bags are for. We tried the brand's 88 cm-long bag, and here's what we have to say:
- Comes with stylish design
- Dust and water proof
- 88 cm-long storm-proof cargo bag
- 155L capacity
- Made from PU-coated Oxford-weave fabric
- Welded rubberized construction
- Heat-sealed and taped seams
- Body-curve padded shoulder strap
- Features roll-up top closure and 'sure grip' buckles
- Tested in both wet and dusty conditions
- We love that this bag isn't drab, though its main task is to secure our cargo. It's stylish, so we're pretty sure that it will look good on anybody should they need to carry it around. It pretty much complements our camping gears as well.
- The padded shoulder strap is very comfy. While we felt the weight on our shoulder, we didn't have to deal with shoulder pain even after carrying the bag for hours during our trek. That's very important, right? Because when you're tired after driving off-road and trekking, the last thing you need is pain on your shoulders and neck caused by your cargo bag.
- We were impressed by the bag's water resistance. We had no place in the cabin, so we put it on the roof rack along with our other cargo. Even when it rained during our travel, all the stuff we put inside the bag didn't get wet. The heat-sealed and taped seams must have worked perfectly well.
- We would appreciate it more if this ARB cargo bag also comes with reflective panels, like the ARB backpack, so that it can be easily seen at night. That would be particularly useful for people like us who don't just love off-roading but camping as well. With such feature, we can easily find the bag even without turning our flashlight on.
Being the serious off-roaders that we are, we found this ARB cargo bag really useful. With its 155L capacity, we can bring with us enough change of clothes, a pair of shoes, food, and many other essentials that we need for camping and off-roading. It pretty much lives up to its promise of being storm proof and dust proof, too. For us, the only thing lacking on this bag are the reflective panels that the backpack from the same brand has. But nevertheless, we think this bag deserves a 4.5 rating.