When transporting cargo, it is always important to make sure that it stays where you put it even during collision and emergency braking. This is the reason cargo barriers and dividers are made. The practicality of these add-ons is one thing, and their ability to do their job well is another thing. We were also in doubt as to whether they are worth our bucks, and our curiosity made us purchase and try out the ARB cargo divider. Let's see if it can really carry out its tasks well.
- Made for both off-road and on-road use
- Constructed from heavy-duty materials
- Can easily be fitted and removed, if necessary
- Multiple fitting positions available for vehicles with multi-row seats
- Easily fastens to the vehicle's existing bolt holes
- Crash tested
- With rated capacity of 60 kg
- Can be stowed behind the front seats when not in use
- This is such a practical purchase for us--this contraption isn't just useful when we are transporting cargos but also when we're travelling with pets and we don't want them to mess with us inside the vehicle cabin. With this barrier, our pets remain calm in the trunk or luggage area of our ride because, though they can't sit beside us, they can still see us throughout the journey.
- It isn't everyday that we need this add-on for our ride; it was such a huge advantage on our part that this is way easy to remove and refit. It doesn't take us more than an hour to securely put it on, so we have more time to load and organize our cargo.
- The multiple fitting positions are also a plus. Such feature allows us to move and reposition the barrier from one mounting point to another in multi-row models without worrying about proper fit and security.
- Since it is crash tested, we are even more confident that even if our cargo hits the barrier during braking, it won't easily get dented or distorted.
- Looks a bit drab. Drivers who are fond of personalizing their interior would appreciate it even more if this add-on is offered in different designs--not just in a simple grid form.
- It may not come cheap, but its quality construction pretty much justifies the price.
Our final say
For vehicle owners who frequently transport things or those who always travel with family and friends, the ARB cargo divider is a good investment. It's pretty good at what it does--isolating cargo in the trunk or luggage compartment so they won't be thrown into the cabin should the vehicle brake hard or pass over a pothole or road bump. Installation is a breeze and removing it, when necessary, is equally easy.