In a long off-road adventure, it is ideal to pack your food and drinks in a container that preserves their freshness as much as possible. This applies both for going to and going back from your destination. During stopovers, nothing beats a refreshing drink. And by the time you reach the camp site, you would want to set up a meal for everyone to enjoy such as your barbecue fresh meat that you kept in your cooler as you take a sip of your cold beverage. It's one of those moments that you can enjoy by having portable cooler in hand every time you embark on an adventure. And probably at this point, you already have decided to buy (or already own) an ARB cooler. We were already convinced with the capabilities of the ARB cooler. Now, we wanted to know how much the ARB cooler bag can supplement the features of the cooler. Here are a few that we noted:
- Made of tough durable canvas
- Reflective internal lining for heat insulation and optimum cooling
- Separate lid cover
- Integrated vent panels for the motor and condenser
- Side pocket for cooler manual and power lead
- Openings for rubber feet, drain plug, and power cables
- Attaches with Velcro
- We put on the ARB cooler bag to the cooler. It hugs the equipment just right, and it didn't look like the material is stretched too much. That sign has always been a red flag for us whenever we test equipment sleeves. A stretched and swollen look means that there's a very good chance that the material would easily break with further manipulation.
- Convinced that wrapping the cooler with bag would add extra protection, we were more confident in making the most of the space behind our rig. We didn't have to worry about the cooler getting deep scratches once trail bumps rattle the rig's stiff suspension.
- Fitting the extra insulation for the cooler consumed time. While we definitely believed that it offered benefits, we thought that not every off-roader has the luxury of time to do this step.
The ARB cooler bag is a helpful addition to the cooler in aiding the preservation of your food and drinks. Moreover, it also safeguards the condition of the container itself. Despite its noble purpose, we don't think that it is of top priority to buy this protective sheet to match your ARB cooler.