Imagine trailing up the mountain on a hot summer day. The extreme heat and rigorous driving slowly squeeze out every ounce of energy in your body. And in order to keep going on your adventure, you need to replenish your own body's fuel too. So having a cooler handy during off-road adventures is ideal, especially on long trails. You can stock up your energy resources in the portable version of your kitchen's armory. This keeps your food and beverage from spoiling as you make your way to your destination. By the time you set camp, you can reward yourself cold refreshment and fresh food. However, one of the problems of having a big bulky cooler for storage is the bane of moving it around in the cargo area of your rig. The drag caused by the weight of the cooler plus its contents can sometimes make it difficult for you. Fortunately, Aussie off-road equipment company ARB came up with the ARB cooler slider to aid your container's mobility.
- 175 pounds load capacity
- Zinc coated metal substrate for corrosion protection
- Black E coat exterior finish
- Premium sealed bearings for smooth sliding motion
- 700mm slide extension
- Universally designed EZ latch
- 29 lbs net weight
- Moving the ARB cooler in and out of the rear compartment got a lot easier with the slider. Elevating the container from the surface eliminated the drag incurred whenever we had to pull and push it. The rails also gave us a more fluid motion. We believe that this saved time and effort significantly.
- What's interesting about the ARB cooler slide was the ability to extend the length of its tray. With an extended platform for equipment, we were able to place our bag just in front of the cooler. So the equipment could be taken in and out of the cargo area with ease and minimal effort.
- We had to drill holes in the cargo area in order to put the ARB cooler slider in place. Although punching holes on your rig's body is not necessarily sacrilegious, the installation left an almost permanent scar there. If we decide to remove the slider in the future, the only remedy for the holes is patching it up with new sheet metal.
Using the ARB cooler slider to aid you in your rig's food and beverage department is beneficial. With less effort and linear movement, it will be a lot easier for you to access your munchies in no time.