A rig modified to be a genuine off-road warrior is built tough. It is designed to withstand the physical torture and demands of your adventure. But sometimes, this strength and toughness come at the expense of comfort. A stiffer suspension system actually gets you through the rugged terrain. However, it also means better chances of you bouncing up and down along with the other things placed inside your rig. So what can you do about it? How do you secure your cargo in place and avoid damaging them? Now imagine that you have the ARB cooler in your cargo area, and you are about to take a steep ascent. The path towards your destination is bombarded with ruts, boulders, and foxhole-like formations. By the looks of it, it's going to be one bumpy ride. Fortunately for your ARB cooler, the company designed a "seatbelt" specifically for securing your container. We got one and tried it out on our adventure. So how effective is the ARB cooler tie down in securing the cooler in place?
- Quick and easy tie down and release system
- Black powder-coated steel clams with plastic coasted ends
- Black webbing straps with spring loaded clips
- Black powder-coated steel adaptor brackets
- Stainless steel nuts and bolts
- The ARB cooler tie down was specifically designed for the brand's cooler. This meant that the capacity of the harness had been tried and tested to ARB standards. It was an assuring factor for us.
- We drove through a series of terrain where we were certain that everyone riding the rig would be rattled by the trail surface at one point or another, and it did so. While we got tired from the excessive bumps, we found out that the ARB cooler was still sitting comfortable in the cargo area.
- The tie down attached itself to the ARB cooler slider. There are specific mounting points in the frame dedicated for the harness. We were fond of referring to it as the cooler's seatbelt because of the way it could be set up.
- Since the ARB cooler tie down is designed to be mounted to the slider, we were not certain how it would perform if paired with fabricated equipment. Also, we thought that the mounting points could still be improved.
The ARB cooler tie down can help you secure your cooler and probably along with other small components. However, this equipment might not lend itself to equipment and fabrications other than ARB.