There are times when the vehicle's stock lighting is just not enough to deliver the driving visibility you need. It can be because of the weather, the environment you're driving in, or the task you're using your ride in. Off-roaders, for one, need auxiliary driving lights for extra visibility when traversing difficult terrains during poorly lit conditions. If you're one of those who need extra driving lights, don't risk your driving visibility and safety by picking a substandard driving light. We tried the ARB IPF rectangular driving lights, and here's our experience with them:
- Rectangular driving lights
- Includes 55W & 100W halogen bulbs
- Bulbs are housed in a high-impact, black resin body
- High-quality lens made from polished, hardened glass
- Multi-function/hybrid reflector
- Multi-direction mounting system
- Sold as a kit
- Kit inclusions: 2 lights with connectors, mouse-style switch, white protective covers, complete wiring loom & relay
- We give the driving light's hybrid or multi-function reflector two thumbs up as it impressively combined the quality of a good spot light and a safe driving beam, which are both helpful when off-roading. During our camping with friends, this driving light served as our spot light for a few hours. Thanks to this unique reflector, this bright quality of light doesn't affect the light's ability to give off safe driving light beam when the time comes that we need it for driving.
- The kit comes complete, so installation and wiring of the lights has been a breeze for us. Since the kit already includes a switch and relay, we are assured that both parts are compatible with one another--part compatibility was the least of our concern.
- The protective cover that comes with the light is also a plus point as it can easily be put on when driving on the road or when the driving light needs to be concealed to avoid getting tickets. The cover is also tough enough to protect the lens and the bulb against damaging elements whenever the light isn't in use.
- The price isn't that budget friendly compared to the cost of lights from other brands, so it may not be the best choice for people who are shopping on a limited budget.
- This driving light comes in rectangular shape. So before you make a purchase, see to it that it will match the area or the component where you'll mount it in.
For people who are willing to pay for topnotch quality and vehicle safety, this ARB driving light is ideal. Its multi-function reflector makes it able to do two tasks--being a driving light and a spot light. Being offered as a kit is also advantageous as you have everything you need to easily carry out wiring and installation. However, it comes a bit pricey and its rectangular shape may not go well with the mounting area.