The brand from the Aussie outback continues to expand its off-road products by teaming up with different companies from around the globe. At present, ARB has created its own line of driving lights - the ARB Intensity LED lights. We reviewed this product just recently, and we gave it a favorable rating. Now, we are back to explore what ARB's partner IPF has to offer to the ARB headlight line-up. We decided to install the IPF headlamp conversion kit on our Jeep Wrangler JK. Let's see how the new lights performed.
- IPF H4 55/60 watt bulbs
- 4,400 Kelvin, whiter than the stock 3,000 Kelvin
- Heavy duty glass lens
- Comes with H13 to H4 wire adapter plug
- Plug and play
- Finally, we found a more powerful replacement to the stock Jeep Wrangler headlights. To our delight, the beam also had a wider reach. The output is not bad at all considering that it doesn't take much power from the Jeep's electrical system. By combining this kit with additional ARB driving lights, you will be lighting the entire highway with just a click from your light switches.
- We were able to install the ARB/IFP headlight kit in less than 20 minutes. The adapters are provided in the package. You might need help in the disassembly part because the grille has to be taken out before you can replace the OEM headlights with the new one. Wiring the bulbs was easy because the snap-on adapters were included in the kit.
- ARB/IFP has only produced this model-specific conversion kit so far. We are hoping that the partnership will develop more headlight kits for other SUVs and trucks.
- We did not find any instructions on how to install the headlights in the package. Fortunately, there are websites and forums that can guide you through the entire installation process. Just be sure to read the steps carefully and sort your items properly before you begin the installation. It's not too technical, so don't worry.
- These aftermarket headlights are a bit flatter than the stock. This minor difference can easily be dismissed by most people, but it might be an issue with a few Jeep purists.
Replacing the Jeep Wrangler's OEM headlights with the ARB/IFP conversion kit will definitely improve your road awareness during the night. The modification also comes at a fair price. Just make sure that you are well-informed of aftermarket light regulations in the area of your residence.