The headlight wire harness connects and provides power to the headlight, so when it conks out due to wear or damage, it will bring the headlight down with it. In most cases, a busted wiring harness will necessitate a replacement. However, not all replacement wiring harnesses are created equal; you need to discern which offer better quality and performance for their price. In this review, we put ARB headlight wire harness to the test.
- Universal fit design
- Pigtail adapter plug on select models
- Dedicated optimum light output lens pattern
- Sold individually or as part of a set
- The wiring harness can fit in most vehicles on the road today. Whether your vehicle is a rugged Land Rover or a city cruiser from Hyundai, this wiring harness is almost certainly guaranteed to work in your ride.
- ARB's aftermarket components are designed to withstand tough environments and adverse weather conditions, and the brand's harness is no exception. The wires are made of high-quality alloys as well as protective sheath and plastic plug that can withstand high temperatures.
- Easy to install. ARB wire harnesses comply with OEM specifications, so installing one would nearly be similar to that of a factory harness.
- The harness is offered as part of a set or sold on its own. We find this to be a plus because it gives you a choice that could save you time and effort in the process. Wiring harness kits contain the harness and all the necessary hardware to install it, while individually packaged harnesses are more affordable and suited for DIYers who already have experience in replacing these components.
- The wires may not be long enough for some vehicle models. In some cases, we had to rely on an extender in order for the ARB wiring harness to connect with the headlight.
- Some models can be a bit expensive. ARB headlight wire harnesses can cost as low as $20 to as high as $125 for complete kits. Though we do not find this surprising as these components are designed with extreme operating conditions in mind, it will certainly put off shoppers who are on a tight budget.
The bottom line
The ARB wire harness is sure to provide optimum performance both in the rugged outdoors and the urban jungle, provided of course you are willing to part with a substantial amount of money for it.