One thing that makes a vehicle unstoppable even off the beaten path is a reliable off-road light. Remember that when off-roading, good visibility spells the difference between navigating a rough terrain successfully and running over something that can severely damage your vehicle. So before saying yes to any off-road trip, make sure to gear up your ride first for such an adventure.
When looking for an off-road light, we can be of great help by sharing with you our experience with an ARB off-road light--the AR21 Intensity LED Flood light.
- Utilizes 21 highly-efficient Osram LEDs
- With a patented reflector design
- Light output: 6,950 raw lumens at 6,500 Kelvin
- Delivers closest possible color to daylight
- Unbreakable polycarbonate lens
- With corrosion-resistant, pressure-cast, IP68 rated aluminum housing
- Features Gore membrane breather, allowing light to breathe with no moisture ingress
- Submersion of up to 3m or 10ft
- Cooling fins that increase cooling surface area by more than 200%
- Tamper-proof TORX security fasteners
- Multiple-position stainless steel mount
- Unique molded rubber seal
- Waterproof connectors
- RoHS compliant
- Tested to military specifications
- Kit inclusions: flood light, clear cover, mounting bracket mounting hardware kit
- We give thumbs up for the light's RoHS compliance, which makes us confident that it is free of hazardous substances that are commonly used in electronic equipment.
- What impresses us even more is the light's output, which is definitely close to daylight, making us more capable of traversing safely at night.
- For the past months that it has been installed in our off-road vehicle, we have lesser worries when traversing rivers and streams not only because we have good visibility of what's ahead of us but also because we are confident that no amount of water will be able to get through its lens, housing, and waterproof connectors. There was even an instance when it got submerged in flood water for a few minutes but it still works perfectly fine.
- The clear cover was such a good bonus as it provides the lens with its much-needed protection against bushes, road debris, and loose stones without affecting the light output.
- It comes as a kit, so installation has never been an issue for us.
- Since the day we have it installed, we can't recall any incident when the light got too hot to touch. It must be due to the cooling fins that also double as a heat sink. Even in the hottest summer or the coolest winter nights, this light never fails to give us the kind of illumination we need.
- So far, we didn't have any negative experience or comment about this product. But since it is an off-road flood light, this may not be legal for road use in most states. This means you need to spend some time taking it off or covering it if you intend to use your ride on city streets.
Serious off-roaders will surely find this off-road light a value for money. It does its job perfectly well without causing so much hassle during installation and wiring. We also haven't experienced issues like overheating and moisture inside the lens. With that said, it is but right to give this light a satisfactory rating.