You can think of the vehicle's electrical system as a sports team or even an orchestra. Everything has to be in sync within the circuit. Electrical parts must work together to make sure that the whole thing will run without a glitch. If the connection is broken or something's not properly coordinated, then some things won't work. Some of the parts powered up electrically won't come on. Usually, when it's an electrical fault, the wiring and parts like the fuse and relay must be traced for any error. When all the other electrical components seem to work, it sometimes comes down to the switch. And as it turned out, our truck badly needs a replacement switch. For this review, we chose to install the ARB switch (manufacturer part/item model number 180209S) to see if it's any good. Based on our experience, here's what we have to say:
- Universal switch
- 1.6 ounces
- 5.7 x 2.4 x 2.3 inches
- Installation is a breeze because the switch came as a great piece of replacement. The dimensions of this switch are just right. We didn't run into any trouble with the fit. It's any easy hook-up. We're able to plug in the switch without too much trouble. It's compatible.
- After plugging in the switch, we tried it right away. The replacement switch worked well. We didn't have to adjust anything or retrace any step.
- It works perfectly with other electrical parts. It didn't break any connection. It blended in perfectly.
- The replacement switch runs without a hitch. This has been installed for months already, and there hasn't been any problem ever since. The only glitch is that this didn't come with its own toggle cover.
- It's as reliable as the other ARB products we have on our 4x4. The unit's construction is solid. It has a seemingly durable base. It's a well-designed replacement switch.
- The universal switch doesn't come with its own toggle cover. If you want a complete switch, then this might not be the one for you. Still, it makes a good spare.
- You can get a complete switch at a lower price. But even though this replacement switch lacks the cover, we can say the product quality meets the standards.
The downside to this ARB universal switch is that it doesn't come complete with a toggle cover. If you're looking for just the base or a spare, this one meets the standards in terms of fit and function.