Bang! Whoosh! Flap! One of the tires of your usually reliable 4x4 suddenly explodes and deflates in the middle of the road. It's bad enough that your ride may suddenly pull to a side at high speeds or may come to a halt without so much of a warning when coasting or idling. Things can only get worse if you don't have a spare tire with you. In any trip, be it on the rough road or paved road, it helps to have a spare with you, other than a tire pressure monitoring kit. This can be your life-saver, keeping you from getting stranded. With a spare tire, you most probably need a good cover to keep the tire in good condition. For our 4x4, we picked an ARB tire cover (SWC4). Here's what we have to say about this product:
- ARB sport logo
- 31 x 11 inches
- For most vehicle makes and models
- It's a dependable tire accessory. We're able to tuck in the spare tire fully. We didn't have trouble with any adjustment. It simply fits.
- The cover is made to fit most spare tires. It came in the right size and the correct dimensions, just as advertised.
- It's easy to use. We didn't have to figure out a lot of things or worry that the cover won't fit. We give it points for convenience.
- The cover is quite easy to clean. It doesn't stain easily. That's one of the things we like about this tire accessory. Maintenance isn't too difficult.
- The cover is made using high-quality materials. You can see this on the seams and edges. It doesn't seem like it will break easily.
- We like the texture and material of the cover. It's sturdy.
- The design is simple and neat. It's not too distracting or too gaudy.
- We used this cover while driving in extreme heat in one of our 4x4 expeditions and also in cold weather during the winter months. The weather and the varied road conditions didn't seem to affect material quality and the durability of the cover.
- You can find a spare tire cover with better designs and also better features.
- While sturdy and reliable, this cover may not be the best option for vehicle owners who are looking for a cheaper tire accessory.
It's not exactly the best spare tire cover you can find out there, but it still comes highly recommended if you're looking for a simple cover with a neat design and decent quality.