You can count on a reliable 4x4 to get you through the deep grooves, rutted trails, and other extreme road conditions. But even if your vehicle is geared for the rough road, your 4x4 can't always leave the scene unscathed. Whatever happens in your adventures, you have to be always ready. You don't just need a good winch, spare tire, or towing stuff when cruising the terrain, you should also have a reliable set of tire accessories such as a tire deflator. In our search for the best 4x4 accessories, we tried the ARB tire deflator to see if the brand can live up to our 4x4's demands. Here's what we have to say about the E-Z Tyre Deflator of ARB:
- Made from a corrosion-resistant brass/stainless material
- With a bronze Bourdon tube gauge
- Fully geared solid brass precision movement
- Features a protective rubber gauge guard
- Designed with an easy-to-read dial with one PSI increment/s
- Comes complete with a canvas pouch
- This tire deflator is fairly easy to use. No need to second-guess everything or try too hard to figure things out. We didn't have a hard time tinkering with the dial. Reading the pressure measurement was easy. Because of this, we had an easier time adjusting the PSI on the tires to match the different road conditions.
- We didn't have a hard time removing the valve core, although we're a bit worried that we might break this as we pull it out. Good thing is, we're able to put it back just as easily.
- With a straightforward design, we're able to deflate the tires in no time. On one occasion, we were able to drop about 15 PSI in no time.
- What we like about this device is that it's able to provide accurate pressure readings. We've used the device several times, and we always get quick pressure measurements with the sliding valve.
- We've driven our 4x4 on wide range of road conditions and through varied weather. It's good to know that the reading isn't compromised even when there's a change in temperature or in humidity levels. We've taken our vehicle on steep mountain roads, and we can say that the altitude doesn't adversely affect the measurement. The gauge is reliable.
- The deflator isn't only easy to use but also easy to store with its canvas pouch.
- The simple device feels sturdy. It's easy to handle.
- This tire deflator comes with a straightforward design. It does not have the bells and whistles of other high-tech tire deflators.
How we rate it
Aside from accurate pressure readings, what we like about it is that it's able to deflate the tires fast. It works as advertised. It's reliable and durable. Considering these benefits, we can say that this ARB tire accessory is reasonably priced.