As you take your 4x4 on different terrains, you have to adjust the tires depending on the road condition. You may have to air it up or air it down from time to time, making sure that the tires won't blow out and can provide the needed traction. Your 4x4 kit should then have its own tire inflator. For this review, we used an ARB tire inflator to see if this deserves a place in our tool box. Based on our experience, here's how we rate the product:
- Comes with a 13-inch stainless braided hose
- Has an easy-to-read dial featuring a dual scale PSI/bar increments
- Made with a bronze Bourdon tube
- Features fully geared solid brass precision movement
- Designed with a clip-on chuck
- Manufactured with a protective rubber gauge guard
- With an air bleed button
- With an internal air shut off valve
- With a ¼ NPT US standard male air fitting
- Made to work with ARB air compressors
- We didn't have any issue with precision and accuracy. The gauge worked well enough that we're able to adjust the pressure on the tires and equalize them.
- The tool is fairly easy to use. We can use just one hand in inflating the tires. The clip-on chuck is a neat feature.
- When adjusting the pressure and letting out air, the air bleed button makes things much easier. It's easy to put in and release air from the tires as needed.
- We're able to check the tire pressure and fill in the needed pressure on the tires of different vehicles. It's easy to read, and it works every time.
- We can say that it's well worth the money. We've used this tool numerous times, and it doesn't look like it'll break easily. The hose is flexible. We also like the protective rubber guard on the gauge.
- This worked well with our ARB air compressor.
- The fitting is kind of loose, although we're still able to make it work with just minor adjustments.
What we think
It's not exactly the best tool out there, but it's reliable enough to deserve a spot in your garage's tool box or your in-car tool kit. It's easy to use, and it works. It's designed to be an intuitive, straightforward tool. We're able to check the pressure and inflate or deflate the tires as needed.