When embarking on off-road trips and other 4WD cruises on various terrains, vehicle recovery is part of the whole adventure. There's always the possibility that the vehicle will get stuck and has to be pulled out of a deep rut or groove, knee-deep mud, snow, or water. In situations like this, you need to have the right tool for the job. Tow/recovery straps should be part of your emergency kit. To give you an idea about the quality of the ARB tow strap, we've used one to see if it's as reliable as we expect it to be. Through our experience, we've written a review for the ARB winch extension strap (ARB725).
- With a capacity of 17,600 lbs.
- Comes in 3 1/8" x 60' size
- Made of polyester
- Has reinforced eyes
- With eye and seam protector sleeve
- It works as needed. It's able to extend the reach of the winch's cable according to advertised measurements and weight capacity. We didn't have any trouble with the specs. It matched the requirements.
- Its light weight makes it fairly easy to store just about anywhere. This is way better than using wire rope or any similar option like dragging chains.
- Although the non-stretch winch extension strap doesn't pack a lot of weight, it's sturdy. It holds firmly, without stretching.
- This is a reliable recovery gear. Although it's been strained in pulling some weight, the strap remained intact. There's no tear or break anywhere. It also didn't cause any vehicle damage. It's safe to use. We didn't encounter any jarring, which was common in some straps. We've used it on numerous occasions, and every time, this recovery strap always works.
- It has good build quality. It has solid stiches and seams, and it's made of 100% high-quality polyester. It comes handy during extreme mudding and trail riding, and in most recovery missions on the offroad. The reinforced eyes added to its reliability. We also like the sleeve.
- You can buy lower-priced winch extension straps from other brands. These tow/recovery straps basically offer the same features.
This tow/recovery strap is a good choice because of its quality and straightforward but reliable design. We've used it several times, and we can say that it's built for the job. It's manufactured to meet the specs and to guarantee durability.