The trailing arm has a big role to fill in. Not only does it serve as a link between the rear axle and the chassis, it also helps support the vehicle weight, along with tension and compression forces between the chassis and rear wheels. Because of its location and function, it has to be strong enough to endure the hard work and its exposure to dirt and debris. Considering all these, you shouldn't get a substandard trailing arm for replacement. You should invest in a high-quality trailing arm that can provide the fit, form, and function needed to restore the vehicle's suspension to its optimum condition and performance. For this review, we've put the ARB trailing arm (UTA3036) to the test. We installed ARB's Old Man Emu heavy-duty upper adjustable trailing arms (with panhard rods) on our Toyota Land Cruiser.
- High strength 4140 alloy steel
- Black powder coat finish
- Premium bushing technology
- For 1992-97 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series and 1998-08 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
- Panhard rods are off car adjustable
- Upper trailing arms are on car adjustable
- The trailing arms are a perfect fit for our Toyota Land Cruiser. The measurements are just right. They're made with precision in mind. We didn't have too much trouble with adjustments. They're quite easy to install.
- They're built to be sturdy, with their robust 4140 alloy steel material. The powder coat finish keeps them safe from corrosion and from premature wear and tear caused by exposure to dirt and debris. We've driven our Toyota across the state and even on rough roads. As we checked to see if the trailing arms are still intact, we're happy not to find any sign of peeling and other forms of damage.
- The Old Man Emu product is made with premium bushing. This makes the panhard rods and trailing arms more likely to last longer and to deliver reliable performance.
- We didn't encounter any problem with the alignment.
- There's no play or unnecessary movement coming from the rear axle or rear spindle. Everything's well and secure.
- We got sound vehicle suspension.
- If you're looking for a lower-priced trailing arm replacement, then you may find a better alternative than this product.
They're built to be strong and to do their job well. They didn't mess up the suspension, and they fit perfectly. With all that, we can say that we're satisfied with the product's quality.