ARB offers a wide range of tough and reliable bull bars for off-road use, but it also offers a variety of auxiliary components for its bull bars as well. One such part is the turn signal lens. Designed for the turn signal indicator in most ARB bull bar models, the turn signal light lens serves as a protective shield for the turn signal bulb as well as provides a conspicuous amber hue to the light emitted by the turn signal. In this review, we put the ARB turn signal lens to the test.
- Fits most ARB bull bar bumpers
- Solid amber color
- Sold in pairs
- Made of injection molder plastic
Things we liked
- The turn signal lens is made of thick, high-quality injection molded plastic. The lens took a beating from rocks and debris when we drove our 4x4 through some rough terrain, and it only led to minor scratches on the surface. You certainly can't accuse ARB for skimping on this part.
- Installs easily on the turn signal housing. The lens is secured onto the housing via a pair of screws, so replacing the old lens and installing a new one took us just several minutes to accomplish.
- Generates a highly visible amber color. Even when driving through foggy driving environments, the turn signal was adequately visible enough on the road.
Things we didn't like
- Compatible with the ARB bull bar turn signal lights only. We cannot guarantee that these lenses will fit properly onto turn signal indicators from other brands.
- The lens does not create a waterproof seal around the housing. We find this to be a major disappointment given the fact that the bumpers, on which this turn signal light is to be mounted on, are designed to withstand river crossings and that ARB offered waterproof aftermarket vehicle lights in the past. Thankfully, the lens can be made somewhat waterproof by lining the edges with silicone sealant, but it would've been better if ARB incorporated it into the design.
- With prices going at around $40, the turn signal lens is a bit expensive. It is not that high compared to other turn signal lenses in the market, however.
Though of exceptional quality, its design and function make ARB turn signal lens limited as a replacement for the turn signal light in ARB bull bars.