Having an ARB winch on your rig can prove to be very useful, especially on situations where you need to recover your rig or your buddy's. Mounted on your front bumper, you can use a winch to anchor your rig to a sturdy object when you have to pull off a recovery maneuver. And up to a certain degree, we are confident that it will perform to expectations. But we believe that your trusty winch also deserves to be well taken care of. Despite the bulletproof design of winches, applying protective gear over it might improve its longevity and durability. In this segment, we took a look at the ARB winch cover by Warn to know how much protection it could offer our recovery equipment.
- Soft winch cover
- Made of durable vinyl with nylon lining for extra strength and protection
- Equipped with elastic bungee cord fasteners
- Tailored to follow the contours of the winch
- Comes in black with small brand logo
- The ARB winch cover by Warn is designed to be weatherproof. Its vinyl construction with an extra nylon lining ensured that our winch stayed dry during drives on a rainy day and repelled debris that could cause minor scratches on the equipment.
- The winch cover fitted the winch well. It has small air pockets and doesn't entirely hug the gear. We believe this is forgivable for a utilitarian gear. Moreover, the contours of the cover made it easier for us to mount and remove it.
- The bungee cords were a little short to reach the brackets. The base ended up a bit stretched just so it could be affixed to the mounting points. While it did not fully affect the cover's main purpose, the stretched bottom looked a bit awkward for us.
- Due to its construction, the winch could only offer winch protection against weather and light elements. It would not be able to protect the winch in hard collisions. Fortunately, the winch mounting point is located behind the tubular bars of the ARB front bumper.
The ARB winch cover designed by Warn is a functional addition to your recovery ensemble. It will give your winch protection against the elements during your adventures. However, you should note that it is a soft protection and will not prevent hard objects from possibly hitting your winch.