Off-roading in itself is a wonderful challenge of adventure seekers. It tests your physical and mental capabilities as you drive your rig deeper into the trail. But even the most skilled drivers still commit mistakes and get stuck in traps. Recovering your rig from off-road traps can be a daunting task if you are not equipped well. Sometimes your installed modifications alone are not enough to get you out of your rut. Fortunately, off-roading also promotes the spirit of teamwork. Whenever you go out on trails, buddies help each other navigate, clear the trail, and pull each other out of hazards. And in the spirit of teamwork, the group also needs reliable links to its rigs to be able to perform successful recovery maneuvers. In our search for reliable links, we stumbled upon the ARB Snatch Block 9000. The brand has already established itself as a premium manufacturer of off-road equipment. It's time for us to share how well this snatch block model can live up to its brand's reputation.
- Grease nipple for smooth pulley operation
- 19,800 kg working load
- 38,500 kg breaking strength
- 6mm cold rolled steel side plate
- Solid billet steel pulley
- 110 mm pulley diameter
- Good for ¼ inch to ½ inch cables
- Weighs 3.5 kg
- At face value, the ARB Snatch Block 9000 already looked very durable and strong. Its no frills design was a clear indication that it meant serious off-road business. Well, we knew that its brand new look would not last very long since we were going to put it through rigorous tasks. What's important to us was its dependability for a long time.
- The snatch block held up to massive weight as it was described by ARB. We parked another rig in a difficult position that would require us to pull it out using our recovery system. We hooked up the gear to our system so we could start pulling out our colleague's rig. The rig was pulled out without any incident. And at no point during tests where we got anxious with the snatch block was performing.
- As expected, the ARB snatch block is pricier than other brands. However, the premium price could be treated as an assurance of the quality and reliability the brand has to offer.
The ARB Snatch Block 9000 is an ideal tool for your off-road and heavy duty applications. Despite its steep price, you can be assured that its strength and durability will last for a long time.