Just like how Aries is the toughest astrological sign in the zodiac, Aries Automotive also claims to manufacture the sturdiest parts for your vehicle's front-end protection. But how would you know if its products are truly strong and not just another superstition like zodiac signs? To find out, we installed an Aries bull bar on a Dodge Ram Big Horn to test its strength on the road.
- Made from heavy-duty steel
- Black, powder-coated finish
- 3 in. tubing diameter
- OE-comparable fit
- Part comes complete with auxiliary light mounts, stainless skid plate, and all necessary mounting hardware
- Includes installation instructions
- Backed by a 3-year Aries limited warranty
- The bull bar was fairly easy to install. We also appreciated that the part came with all the necessary mounting parts. This helped lessen the time it took for our team to install the bull bar on our Big Horn.
- We really liked the aggressive look that came with installing the Aries bull bar. It gave the Horn's skid plate a tougher, meaner look that elicited a few stares from onlookers while on the street.
- The black finish also gave our truck a better looking front-end. It also matched the entire style and overall look of the Horn's exterior.
- We also liked the fact that, unlike other bull bars, we were able to put our truck's tow hooks back on. Other bull bars just don't have the clearance for them, but the Aries bull bars do.
- Installation was a bit tricky. The instructions that came with the part were confusing. They were of minimal help at best. The pictures provided didn't give a good definition of what should be done.
- We were a bit disappointed with the construction and the material of the bull bar. It was made of very thin metal, and it felt like it didn't lend as much protection to the vehicle's bumper and grille as other bull bars.
- Although it did give the Horn a more aggressive look, it still looks a bit small on a Dodge Ram Big Horn. It was only able to cover the bumper, and it barely stretched over the top, missing the grille by a few inches.
- The skid plate was a bit lightweight and was made of very thin aluminum. Once during a test drive in the winter months, the plate was easily pushed out of its mounting by a mound of snow.
The Aries bull bar is a good OE-replacement part that can give your vehicle a more aggressive look. It can instantly improve its bumper and grille without you having to spend for expensive upgrades. However, if you are looking for a bull bar that will protect your car's front-end, this part may not be your best option. Its flimsy construction and less sturdy material might not withstand mild collisions while you are on the road. Overall, this part is best for vehicle owners who wish to give their vehicles a meaner front-end rather than boosting its durability.