Humans are, by nature, protective of what matters to us. That's the reason the market is now flooded with a wide range of add-ons and accessories that are primarily designed to protect some vehicle components. One of which is the rocker panel. Positioned in the lowermost part of the vehicle's side body panels, this add-on helps protect such contraptions against stone chip damage and weathering. Since it performs an important task besides spicing up the vehicle's appearance, it is but right that you choose a reliable brand when looking for a new rocker panel set. In our truck, we've installed the B&I rocker panel, and here's how it fared:
- Chrome rocker panel
- Made from premium-grade 304 stainless steel
- Features 3M acrylic foam adhesive
- With mirror-like finish
- Strong yet clear design for limited-edition appearance
- This rocker panel really looks great in our ride. It complements our chrome bumpers, vent visors, mirror housing, as well as our chrome wheels. With this installed, we can now easily distinguish our ride even when it is parked alongside same vehicle model in a crowded parking lot.
- Installation was such a breeze. We just made sure that the mounting surface is immaculately clean and that the trim is at the right position and location before peeling off the tape's protective backing, and presto! The rest of the job is for the 3M adhesive to do. We can say that the adhesive does its job pretty well because for almost a year now that we have this B&I rocker panel in our ride, we never had any issue about the adhesive losing its bond. In fact, the rocker panel is still securely fitted on the side body panels, with no signs of falling off or becoming loose.
- Since this is a chrome rocker panel, it may not go well with accessories that have matte finish, which are usually the ones installed on rugged vehicles.
- We think that the mirror-like finish may need a little polishing or other types of treatment to restore its shine after off-roading or driving on a muddy terrain, unlike in matte finish wherein the dirt can simply be hosed off.
And we say...
Owners of vehicles with chrome appointments and accessories will surely find this B&I rocker panel a worthy investment. In our case, it did made our ride look better as it complements all the chrome add-ons that we've installed. Installation was also a walk in the park. Overall, we give this rocker panel a good rating and we highly recommend it for those who are looking for one.