Think about the car that has served you well for more than a decade. Despite the religious attention you provide for its maintenance and aesthetics, there will come a point where its age catches up. The dashboard starts to have uneven fades and discolorations, plastic panels become brittle, and laminations start to peel off. It is a natural occurrence for an aging vehicle, but leaving it like that is unacceptable for someone who loves his car very much. Reinventing your vehicle's interior trim can bring a whole new flavor and feel that might have already gone as it ages. This can go along with the other performance or aesthetic modifications that you put into the car. The beauty about working on an overall theme is having room for both playful aesthetics and tasteful modifications. This is where getting aftermarket products like B&I steering wheel comes to play. The company produces genuine factory replacement parts that can be mixed and matched to your liking. We tried one so see how well it can be integrated to our 2007 Chevy Silverado. Here's what we found out:
- Woodgrain on top and bottom of the steering wheel
- Molded finger grips on the back
- Soft-touch genuine leather wraps for steering wheel spokes
- Can be matched with B&I dash kits
- Urethane clearcoat
- UV protection
- 3 years warranty
- The B&I steering wheel installed on our Silverado looked well-made. Knowing that the steering wheel would last for another decade or two without issue was important to us when we were selecting from the options.
- The premium wood grain added a classic manly touch to the already rugged truck. Aside from our pick, there were around 100 combinations that could be made from the existing trim offerings.
- The B&I steering wheel did not come with a built-in airbag, switches, wheel housing, and wires. We still had to note which components from the original steering wheel could be transferred and used in our replacement.
- Unfortunately for owners of older vehicles, we found out that there might be a chance that B&I does not stock a steering wheel for you. Aside from checking out steering wheels for our Silverado, we also asked for premium replacement options for our '96 Impala SS but to no avail. However, we were told that we could send the steering wheel to B&I and have it refinished there.
If you are planning to upgrade the current look of your vehicle's interior, you can go with B&I steering wheel. Its quality can provide you a customized feel without sacrificing OEM specifications.