Let's say you head out to a road trip with a bunch of your friends over the weekend. As the sun begins to set, the night's shade begins to embrace the entire landscape. Little by little, you notice the headlights and taillights lit up from all around you while street lights and neon signs appear. With a few more hours to go before you reach your destination, you decided to pull over to get your break. By this time, you make a round to check your vehicle. After that, you reach for a snack and drink before looking at the map. Your RV's OE interior lights illuminated your cabin just enough for you to read your map with occasional frowns. Then it dawned to you: your RV needs brighter interior lights. You want more illumination power to light up the room, especially at times when identifying details is paramount. This upgrade works best for older cars whose dimmer lights are bound to be replaced sooner or later. Having these issues in mind, we decided to try out the Bargman interior light 76 series on our Ford Econoline van. Here's what we found out:
- 12-volt double interior light
- Diffused lens optics for dimmer light with wider reach
- Integrated toggle switches
- Power and ground wires included in kit
- White polypropylene base
- CSA listed and approved for vehicle ceiling mount
- Universal application
- 1 year limited warranty
- The Bargman interior lamp was a good replacement for our old Ford Econoline lamps. We dismantled the old assembly before mounting the Bargman replacements. The lamp hanged perfectly on the old van's ceiling.
- When we lit up the lamp, it illuminated the van well. We were happy to navigate around the large cabin space and sort out our luggage with so much ease. Also, with that amount of light, we were able to read a book properly.
- Aesthetically speaking, the lamp looked a bit of an oddball with its modern look but we didn't mind.
- The package did not have a step-by-step installation manual for the lamps. Fortunately for us, we had some electrical know-how. We were able to install the lamp without issue in no time.
If you are looking for a suitable replacement for your old lamps, Bargman interior lights can do the job for you. These can give you ample amount of light, enough to illuminate a large cabin space. And if you don't mind a modern piece of equipment in your old vehicle just like us, then we don't see any problem with you having them.