Sometimes, a reliable car stereo can take away most of the driver's fatigue especially during a long haul. So if you're set for a long-distance drive, you'd better check first your car stereo and other communication and electronic equipment that you might need. If there seems to be unnecessary noise that impedes the performance and sound quality of such equipment, troubleshoot the problem days before your scheduled trip as there might be a need to connect them directly to the battery for a more reliable power supply.
If such is the case with your ride, you'll surely need a terminal end and adapter. We've been using the Battery Doctor battery cable end and adapter in our ride, and here's how it fared so far:
- Solid brass construction
- Protects ring terminals from corrosion
- Ensures reliable direct connection to the battery
- Replaces nut-on-cable connector bolt with threaded stud
- Studs can accommodate one or several 3/8 in. ring terminals
- Ideal for trailer brake controls and other accessories that need direct power
- Excellent product fit and compatibility! We never had any problem putting the threaded stud in place of the standard bolt in our battery terminal. We had been very careful in doing this DIY task, though, because we didn't want to cause sparks and short circuits while working on the battery.
- It worked excellently. It's exactly what we need to eliminate that annoying stereo noise. We can now have fun listening to our favorite tunes while driving.
- There's also this one time when we need to tow a trailer and we used it on our trailer brake. To our surprise, it really did work well, sparing us from the hassle and expense of buying a new terminal end and adapter just for our brake controls.
- This product is not vehicle specific, so buyers have to really make sure that it will fit their battery well. It would be wise to compare its specs with the stock and with the specs of the battery terminal it will be used in before making a purchase.
We recommend this product for those who are looking for ways to directly hook up their car stereos or other communication equipment to the battery for a more reliable power supply. However, you have to make sure first that it is compatible with your ride since it isn't made to be vehicle specific. Performance wise, this product deserves thumbs up.