Turbocharged diesel engines are redeeming the once notorious reputation brought about their predecessors. The improvement brought upon by the turbocharger eliminated problems like very slow acceleration, lack of top end power, and inefficient consumption. As this technology for diesel engines becomes more available to the market, garages also started pushing the boundaries of forced induction. Fortunately for us, aftermarket shops like BD Diesel have devoted much time and research to further give diesel engines some edge in the performance department. The Canadian company is backed by four decades of fabricating components for diesel trucks. We already installed an aftermarket turbocharger kit on our diesel pick-up truck. What we wanted to know is how well the BD Diesel air intake hose clamp could hold its place in our system. Here's what we found out:
- Suited for turbocharged performance engines
- Stainless steel construction
- Corrosion resistant
- Can provide up to 400 lbs of clamping pressure
- One year warranty
- The clamps held properly after a series of tests on the dyno, closed track and open road. These tests were supposed to put the clamps under enough stress to loosen and break substandard equipment. Fortunately, we were able to prove otherwise. We rested the engine and system overnight. The following day, we took the truck for a long trip and maintained driving it at the maximum allowable speeds in the areas. We were able to reach our destination and back without any issues. After returning to the garage, we checked the clamps again for signs of substandard quality. The clamps remained intact and showed no signs of premature wear and tear.
- The clamp was aesthetically pleasing to our eyes. The stainless steel look accentuated the path the hose was moving. Depending on your purpose, we thought that you using it too could add brownie points for making your engine bay look nicer.
- Unfortunately, the intake hose clamp only came with the stainless steel look. It was just right for our ensemble but if you would consider other colors, you might have to look for other brands or just paint the clamp yourself.
The BD Diesel air intake hose clamp can be a reliable replacement for your diesel truck's hose clamps. It holds up and the stainless steel accent looks good on your hose. However, it does not come in other attractive color schemes or finish.