Trucks are meant to be your trustworthy and durable workhorses that last you almost a lifetime. Unfortunately, there will come a time when you have to do a major overhaul on your truck's components to ensure that it keeps performing up to expectation. That's part of the reality of keeping your trusty truck. You can never make shortcuts else you risk saying goodbye to your work horse for good. But you can also look at it in a positive perspective. What's good about doing an overhaul on your truck's components is the opportunity to rebuild them with more performance goodies. This is what BD Diesel is trying to offer truckers. We had an old Ford truck that was due for a massive mechanical repair. We pulled out its old engine and transmission because we already wanted to replace the combo with a more modern set-up. For the transplant, we decided to drop in a 351 Windsor V8 paired with the sturdy E40D transmission. Getting this combo means more power plus an extra gear from the old 3-speed format of the C6 transmission. And to make our choice perform even better, we decided to get the BD Diesel automatic transmission overhaul kit.
- Stage 4 performance parts
- Includes basic rebuild parts and gaskets
- Machined center support
- Machined pressure plate
- Machined rear ring gear hub
- The BD Diesel automatic transmission overhaul kit held everything together well. With all the performance parts put in the V8, the transmission did not give us any reason to doubt it. We were able to run the truck in a perfectly acceptable performance.
- The transmission did not give out when subjected to our challenges. First, we hooked the truck to a trailer filled with heavy load. It was able to pull the trailer without hesitating. The transmission felt stable despite the engine's massive torque. Second, we made the truck sprint on a good stretch of highway. Of course, it didn't accelerate like a manual, but we didn't feel like the truck was shifting during an asthma attack.
- The BD Diesel automatic transmission overhaul kit didn't really do anything to reduce the bulk of the Ford E4OD 4-speed automatic. By itself, it is already a huge lump of transmission and is not always the ideal transmission replacement. Fortunately for us, we were able to mount the bulky transmission after careful research and right crew for the job.
Whether you are upgrading your truck's transmission to a heavy-duty electronic 4-speed automatic or revitalizing your current E4OD, BD Diesel can provide you a reliable automatic transmission overhaul kit for your application.