When we talk about improved vehicle performance, we don't usually think about bolts. We'll most likely be thinking of cold air intakes, turbo chargers, or aftermarket exhausts. But apparently, replacing the stock banjo bolts with an upgrade kit can give the vehicle some much needed boost, particularly in the fuel system. The upgrade kit is designed to help increase the flow through the transfer pump, fuel filter, and injection pump inlet. By replacing the old OEM banjo bolts, some restrictions in fuel delivery can be eliminated. As we test the different kits, we're here to find out if the BD Diesel banjo bolt upgrade can actually deliver and live up to the standards. We tried this upgrade kit on our 2002 Dodge's fuel system. Here's what our experience has to say about this product:
- Manufactured as a direct fit
- Designed as an upgrade
- Replaces banjo bolts on the lift pump, injection pump inlet, and fuel filter
- Comes with a port to track fuel pressure with a gauge kit
- Sold as a kit
- Backed by a limited 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- The kit comes complete with new and improved banjo bolts for different parts of the fuel system. By replacing the OEM bolts, which may have brought about some restrictions in flow, more efficient fuel delivery can be expected.
- The hollow bolts are designed with features that will help increase flow. By replacing the bolts on the pump, inlet, and filter, we could count on better fluid circulation.
- The bolts are made to be sturdy and to be less restrictive than the OEM bolts.
- The banjo bolt upgrade kit is made as a direct fit. It's designed to match the OE specs. It's compatible with the Dodge's engine and fuel system. We didn't have to adjust anything just to secure it in place.
- The included port for monitoring fuel pressure is a neat feature. The whole kit is designed with precision in mind.
- We appreciate having at least a limited 1-year warranty for this kit.
- The banjo bolt upgrade kit isn't legal for sale in California vehicles.
- The kit comes at a relatively higher price than other banjo bolt upgrade options.
It's more expensive than other banjo bolt upgrade kits, but the one we got from BD Diesel is custom built for our Dodge's fuel system requirements and engine specs. Although changes in fuel system performance may not be that remarkable, we think that it's a worthy investment for improved fuel flow. Ultimately, the upgrade kit will help maintain a healthier fuel system.