BD Diesel is widely recognized in the auto industry for its OE and aftermarket parts for diesel engines of American makes, but what many people don't know is that it also offers steering and suspension systems. And if you are in the market for a control arm, BD Diesel has got you covered with its line of aftermarket control arms. Available for both Dodge and Ford vehicles, BD Diesel's adjustable control arms offer an aftermarket option with better quality and added functionality than their stock counterparts. We tried out one of the BD Diesel control arms for the Dodge Ram 1500 to see if they can compete with those from more established control arm brands in the market.
- Models available for Dodge and Ford suspension systems
- For automatic and manual transmissions
- Forged end links with 'Super Tuff' treatment resists bending 3x better than stock arms
- Powder-coated bodies with zinc plating to resist corrosion
- Adjustable bottom arms
- Polyurethane bushings
- Limited manufacturer warranty
- The control arms are built tough from top to bottom. The latest Dodge pickups are known for control arms that bend easily and low-quality bushings, and BD Diesel has actively addressed the issue of quality in its control arms. Each of BD Diesel's control arms is of solid forged steel construction and undergoes a special 'Super Tuff' treatment that makes bending these arms an extremely difficult challenge. The bushings are also an upgrade to their stock counterparts as they are made of stiffer high-grade polyurethane. The bushings are also a separate unit from the control arm and can be easily replaced when they wear out.
- Adjusts easily on the fly. The bottom arms of the BD Diesel control arm are fully adjustable on the truck, while the top arms can be adjusted by removing one of its bolts.
- Its price is a bit expensive. The BD Diesel control arms go for around $500 online, although there are stores that offer these arms at half the price. It's certainly high than a standard OEM control arm, which you can get for less than a hundred dollars on the web.
If you are looking for a cheap control arm for your Dodge or Ford vehicle, these may not be for you. But if you are willing to spend just a bit more for a high-quality product that will last years of use, these control arms from BD Diesel may just be right up your alley.