Feeding a diesel engine with fuel must be done with precision, at the right angle and in exact quantity. Dispersing fuel can only get messy when the nozzles get clogged or break. This will affect how the engine runs. The engine may run roughly and create all sorts of vehicle performance and emissions problems. If you'll be replacing the nozzles, you shouldn't get just anything that looks exactly like the stock. You have to be sure that the fuel spray coming from the nozzles will suit the performance needs and emissions requirements of the engine. The nozzles should be designed with efficiency and accuracy in mind, considering the injector sac, injector seat, nozzle hole size, and other parameters. With a reliable nozzle set, you can count on table fuel flow and efficient combustion for power generation. We tried the BD Diesel diesel injector nozzle set, and here's what we have to say about its performance and quality:
- Manufactured as flow-enhanced nozzles
- Comes in a set
- Rated for 120 rear wheel hp
- Designed with orifices made using an EDM machine
- Features deburred orifices done thru an abrasive extrusion process
- Nozzles are available in the original Bosch design
*For 2003-2004 5.9L Dodge Cummins 1075882
- We can't say that installation is fast and easy. We actually had to hire someone from a pump/injector shop to put in the new nozzles on the injectors. A special tool is needed to install the nozzle set properly, and we're not taking any chance with a DIY. But because the nozzle set is a perfect fit for our diesel engine requirements and fuel system specs, the shop didn't encounter any trouble when it comes to installation.
- The nozzle design and construction seem smooth and clean. We didn't find any rough edge. The nozzles have a good protective coating. Everything lined up well. With the smooth nozzles, we're counting on stable fuel flow and atomization.
- The set is designed according to specs and specific requirements such as the hp rating. We didn't have any issue with geometry and other details such as the sac and nozzle hole size and the injector seat.
- With the new nozzles on, we noticed some improvements in emissions and in diesel engine performance. The drive is smooth and free from misfiring and rough idling. It also seems like combustion is going well. We didn't have any problem with having rich or lean mixture.
- The nozzle set is made to certain specs. It's rated for 120 hp, which matches the performance needs of our vehicle. Since it perfectly fits onto the injectors, we're hoping that this would help maintain their good working condition.
- Based on fuel flow tests, we can say that this brings enhanced fuel flow. We checked the nozzles, and they're well set and free from deposits.
- These nozzles won't fit injectors in a newer Bosch design. A compatibility chart, though, comes handy in making sure that this nozzle set will be a good fit for the injectors.
- The set is a bit expensive, so if you're looking for a more competitively priced nozzle set, you may look for cheaper aftermarket nozzles made by other brands.
We're satisfied with this purchase. The nozzle set is safe to use and reliable. It's compatible with our fuel system and diesel engine. It's a bit expensive, but considering its topnotch quality, it's worth the investment.